I am grateful to provide a platform to amplify the experiences of African women and femmes.
I accept written submissions(fiction and non-fiction) and illustrations.
- I only accept contributions from African women or femmes residing within or without Africa.
- Submissions can be about anything: sex, joy, parenthood,relationships, work, political representation…anything really. It just has to be something that African women and femmes will relate to. Something that fosters a wholesome narrative of the aforementioned demographic.
- This is an intersectional feminist space so while content submitted mustn’t always be of a feminist nature, it should be wary of the various -isms(ableism, sexism, racism, classism) and phobias(transphobia, xenophobia, etc.)
- Written contributions should not be less than 800 words.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a short bio and/or a Twitter handle.
- Submissions(pitches and/or full pieces) should be via this link.
Unfortunately, I am not able to remunerate you for your contribution. I am however working to ensure that I will be able to offer competitive contributions in the near future as I do believe in paying people for their work. Please bear with me while I try to figure things out.
In the meantime, since I am big on amplifying the experiences of the African woman, I will be sending little tokens of my appreciation from time to time. Tokens will include: books written by African women, customized bookmarks and all the perks of being my patron without actually being my patron.
I understand that this may not be ideal for some(most) of the people, so please, only submit your contribution if you find these terms agreeable.
If you wouldn’t mind, you can also become my patron as that will go a a long way in ensuring that I am able to pay contributors as soon as possible. Simply go to here to see what you can do.
Thank you for your contribution:)